Website KPMG Canada
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities
Why KPMG Asset Management Digital Solutions (AMDS)?
AMDS is a team of full-stack developers, project managers, and technology trailblazers who pride themselves on creativity and innovation. Tasked with leading KPMG Canada and our clients through digital transformation, AMDS is focused on tax innovation to unlock value and prepare our clients for the future. KPMG AMDS helps organizations realize opportunities through our far-reaching intelligence capabilities that allow for the development of modern software solutions.
In a fast-paced, experimental environment, our team collaborates with strategic partners and tax leaders across Canada to build next-generation solutions. By fostering a startup culture within a welcoming nurturing environment and with the support of KPMG’s world-class firm, AMDS approaches each project with a unique perspective, a multitude of complementary skill sets, and expertise that allow them to build technology solutions that shape the future of tax.
KPMG Asset Management Digital Solutions has an exciting opportunity for Software Engineers (Intern/Co-op) to join our team for 4-8 months starting in May 2023!
- Please note that you must be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary educational institution to be eligible for this opportunity.
What You Will Do
- Develop and design industry leading products for the asset management industry
- Write high-quality, high-performance and maintainable code
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle and support testing and deployment of new products and features
- Implement best practices across the team and participate in code reviews
- Write and execute unit tests for your code as a practice
- Participate in the research and evaluation of new tools and technologies that can help drive innovative solutions for our clients
- Collaborate with Solution / Product Specialists, Software Engineers in drafting the functional specifications required during the software development life cycle
What You Bring To The Role
- Experience with building applications using one or more frameworks like Vue.JS, ReactJS, Node.js, C#, .Net Core, Python, WPF etc.
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases such as Cosmos DB, SQL, MySQL
- Proficient in using and designing REST APIs
- Commitment to putting quality first and delivering quality solutions
- Leveraging a reusable components library
- Strong knowledge of GIT
Keys to your success
- Currently completing a degree in an associated field.
- Good understanding of basics of object-oriented principles and relational databases.
- Azure / SharePoint would be an asset.
- Your thought process on seeing the whole picture and not just the one object to be coded.
- Hungry for experience, and eager to learn in a rapidly changing industry
- A curiosity that looks to redefine the norm and sees technology and innovation as a tool to open new doors and new opportunities
- Passionate and capable of delivering solutions with a high attention to detail
Please apply directly to KPMG at kpmg.ca/careers
Applications close on January 17th, 2023 at 11 59 PM ET.
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Hiring Manager and must include a cover letter, resume and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website. In the application questionnaire, you’ll be able to indicate your preference for position type and office location. For an easy application process, please PDF all documents into one PDF file.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.