Website Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Job SummaryThe Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is looking for students who thrive on tackling diverse challenges in a unique environment. If you are up for the challenge and want to join one of our highest performing teams, there is no doubt that your contributions to CSIS will provide a meaningful impact to our mission of helping keep Canadians safe against national security threats. The Service is building a workforce which is representative of the Canadian society and foster diversity and inclusion. Also, it is dedicated to establish positive policies and practices related to hiring, training, promoting and retaining designated group members ensuring that employment-related needs of all persons are reasonably accommodated.
CSIS offers opportunities for students to gain valuable experience in business and administration, with the possibility to return for multiple placements in different areas. Students will be given the opportunity to cultivate their skills and knowledge by being paired with experienced employees who will provide feedback during the work term. They will have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience before choosing a career specialization.
Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Officer
Students will assist with tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Register all new ATIP requests, consultations and complaints into case management system while ensuring quality control
- Provide administrative and support functions to the ATIP Section
- Process informal requests for records previously released under the Access to Information Act.
- Responds to inquiries from the public, from other government departments and from Service employees through the ATIP telephone line and email inboxes.
- Perform administrative tasks in support of ATIP Operations such as data entry, retrieval of information for statistical reports, and generates weekly reports for management and the Minister’s Office.
- Collaborate with Analysts in the review, research and preparation of administrative ATIP documents and supporting material.
- Assist in the research and production of internal/external documents.
Undergraduate degree or College Diploma programs including but not limited to the following areas of study:
- Business or Public Administration
- Information Management
- Project Management
Candidates with experience with the following is preferable:
- Experience in performing administrative and corporate support functions.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks/projects
- Experience in providing services to internal and external clients.
- Interpersonal skills
- Client Service
- Organizational skills/multitaskin
Conditions of Employment
Applicants must be registered as a full-time, post-secondary student in an accredited academic institution recognized in Canada. Priority consideration will be given to those enrolled in an accredited co-op/internship program.
NotesHow To Submit Application
Applicants MUST include the following information in their cover letter in order to be given further consideration:
Name Of Student
Graduation date (month and year):
Program Of Study
Post secondary institution:
- Location of interest: Please note you can only select one (1). Available locations are indicated at the top.
- Travel costs benefits may apply. Further information will be disclosed during the interview process.
- Job Category: Applying for a co-op placement, internship (specific to current program enrollment) or student job.
- Availability: What is the length of your term (4, 8, 12 or 16 months)?
- Studies: What is your current year of study and your expected graduation date?
Tips For Your Cover Letter And Resume
- Tell us your story: why do you want to work for CSIS?
- Work objectives.
- Technical abilities (where applicable).
- Volunteer or work Experience (where applicable).
- Projects (where applicable).
Various Language Requirements
We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Second language evaluation tests might be administered.
At CSIS, we are not looking to simply fill student placement positions every four months. Our program is designed to identify and develop potential full-time employees.
Candidates are asked to apply only once, due to the high volume of applications received.
Failure to provide requested information may result in the rejection of your application.
While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
- Hourly salary
- Public Service Commission Approved CO-OP (Co-operative Education)/Internship Programs
Candidates must be eligible to receive an Enhanced Top Secret security clearance. The process involves a security interview, a polygraph, and a background investigation that includes credit and financial verifications. The use of illegal drugs is a criminal offense. Drug use is an important factor considered in your reliability and suitability assessment during the selection process. Therefore it is important not to use any illegal drugs from the time you submit your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.