Website KPMG Canada
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities
About KPMG Forensic
Using cutting-edge technology and methodologies, KPMG Forensic professionals help clients to manage the risks of money laundering, sanctions, fraud, misconduct, and regulatory non-compliance; maintain organizational integrity; manage reputational risk; address and simplify issues related to litigation (including avoidance); and limit financial exposure to loss. We help uncover the facts and support in creating clarity when people and organizations do not agree, or where financial and business behavior does not comply with expectations. Our professionals can offer support to help our clients investigate allegations of litigation support, financial crime, fraud and misconduct, enhance their financial crime programs, provide analytical services, and help meet regulatory requirements.
KPMG Forensic is a core part of KPMG’s Risk Consulting practice, which helps clients to improve risk intelligence and decision making, protect financial and reputational assets, and enhance business value through a range of trusted, digitally powered, and forward-thinking solutions for navigating business risks.
KPMG’s Forensic Technology team has an exciting opportunity for Summer Interns to join our team in May 2023.
- Please note that you must be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary educational institution to be eligible for this opportunity.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a talented individual at the Consultant level to join KPMG’s Forensic Technology practice based in the GTA. The successful individual will be driven, and results oriented, with a strong focus on quality and technical skills. This individual will possess a strong background in computer forensics and cyber incident response.
KPMG’s Forensic Technology team is one which has received tremendous investment and has been identified as a transformational part of the firm to deliver growth over the next five years. It is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to work in a firm with unparalleled career progression opportunities.
As a key member in this practice, you will be responsible for the execution of client engagements including the identification, acquisition, processing and analysis of digital information including the execution of Court Orders such as Anton Pillar orders, the initial collection and processing of data for e-discovery matters, analysis of digital media and the reporting of evidentiary findings and when required, giving expert testimony in a litigation or arbitration setting.
You will work closely with your peers in the e-discovery and cyber security practices to provide a solid controls-based approach to evidence collection.
What You Bring To The Role
The successful individual will be driven, and results oriented, with a strong focus on quality and technical skills. This individual will possess a strong background in computer forensics and cyber incident response.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, IT, or related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in an information security capacity with experience conducting forensic investigations or cyber security breach investigations
- Experience in an advisory or external consulting capacity preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Apple OS structure and artifacts
- Strong understanding of File Systems including FAT, FAT32, NTFS, HFS, HFS+
- Strong understanding of mobile device preservation and related analysis for Android and Apple devices.
- Experience with Cellebrite, Oxygen or other mobile device preservation and analysis software
- Fluency working with at least one of the following software tools Encase, Axiom, X-Ways, FTK, IEF
- Experience with the following software is highly desirable Nuix, Relativity, EDT, SQL, Oracle, SAS
Keys to your success
- Experience working in a fast-paced project environment under tight timelines and varying hours of work
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to clearly and articulately identify and define problems and develop creative solutions to address client needs
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to develop and deliver presentations, lead interviews, and facilitate client workshops
- Strong writing skills, including ability to develop detailed technical reports and executive summaries
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment and comfort with receiving and providing feedback
- Proven relationship development and management skills with demonstrated ability to interact, establish credibility and engender trust with a wide range of professionals across all levels
- You may be required to undergo a criminal record check and obtain a Secret level Government of Canada security clearance.
- Ability to travel on short notice for 1-7 days may be required when a return to the workplace and travel is possible
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.