Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented 3D animator to assist our Cinematics team in creating the next generation of Epic animated films. The cinematic animator will be skilled at animating characters at a level that lives up to the ever-increasing Blizzard Entertainment standard of quality. The ideal candidate has a passion for animation and film making, with experience animating a diverse array of characters and creatures in different styles, from cartoony to realistic and anywhere in-between. A solid grasp of body mechanics and character acting with a mastery of the 12 principles of animation are essential. You must enjoy working on a highly collaborative team of peers as passionate about making great movies games as we are.
Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation.
- Artistic skills: story boarding, gesture drawing, 2D animation, composition.
- Leadership experience.
- Filmmaking skills: cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing.
- Physical skills: acting, martial arts, and choreography.
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting, and understanding of pipeline.
- Understanding of FX, particles, cloth, and hair as they contribute to a character’s performance.
- A demo reel demonstrating high quality hand-keyed animations through solid body mechanics and engaging performances.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development, television, or film industry using Maya or equivalent 3D program.
- Assist in supporting and evolving the Cinematics team with constructive feedback both technically and artistically.
- An animation test might be required (Acting or Action – ask for details).
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- The ability to work closely with the Directors, Animation Supervisors and Leads developing, defining, and maintaining high-end cinematic animations.
- Passion for film, animation, and video games.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blizzard.com.