About the job
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun. The Research, Software and Advanced Robotics Development teams at Amazon Robotics are seeking interns with a passion for robotic research to work on cutting edge algorithms for robotics. Our team works on challenging and high-impact projects, including allocating resources to complete a million orders a day, coordinating the motion of thousands of robots, autonomous navigation in warehouses, and learning how to grasp all the products Amazon sells. We are seeking internship candidates with backgrounds in computer vision, machine learning, simulation, resource allocation, discrete optimization, and robotics. You will be challenged intellectually and have a good time while you are at it! Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 or more consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2022. Amazon Robotics Applied Scientist Intern opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
- Currently in a PhD program in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, Operations Research or similar
- At least two years of relevant academic research in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of the following: computer vision, resource allocation, simulations, optimization, planning, or machine learning
- Fluency in at least one statistical software package such as R, Stata, Matlab
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, Python
- Superior communication and data presentation skills
- Prior use of Java or C++ for research algorithm development
- Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of computer science.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to develop system prototypes in simulation
- Drive to see a project through from research concept to working simulation prototype
- A working knowledge of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1921661
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.