About the job
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun. Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.” Amazon Robotics internship/co-op/full-time opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
Key job responsibilities
The Sustainability Data Engineer will contribute to the team initiatives by establishing and analyzing data streams to account for carbon emissions associated with AR products’ operations and end of life treatment. A successful candidate will exhibit curiosity, excellent oral/written communication, and project management skills.
The Daily Responsibilities For Intern Will Include
- Engage with Amazon Robotics’ product and program leaders to obtain data related to product’s operational use (power, duty cycle)
- Engage with an Amazon Fulfillment operations site to understand End of Life (EOL) processes for products
- Process information from multiple stakeholders
- Process data and communicate results on operational and EOL carbon footprint of chosen AR products
- Demonstrate proven success as both an independent performer and a contributing member of a high-performing team; show the ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges.
About The Team
The Product Sustainability Team is responsible for driving carbon emission and material circularity metrics and mechanisms into Amazon Robotics’ concept evolution, design, and engineering phases.
- Currently working towards Bachelor’s/Master’s in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering/Sciences, Business or other equivalent discipline and must graduate after March 2023
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h/week) internship during summer 2022
- Experience using MS EXCEL or similar spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with project management software and commercial off the shelf technologies such as Tableau, SQL, etc.
- Prior experience with sustainability-related short-term project at school/college/community
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1916408
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.