About the job
Are you a Ph.D. student interested in an Internship in the fields of Automated Reasoning, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Robotics, Speech Technologies?
Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
If this describes you, come join our science teams at Amazon. As a Science Intern, you will have access to large datasets with billions of images and video to build large-scale systems. Additionally, you will analyze and model terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
We are looking for smart scientists capable of using a variety of domain expertise to invent, design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
Amazon has positions available for Applied Science interns across multiple locations in the US and Canada.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, machine learning, statistics, physics, or related fields.
- Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
- Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
- Experience with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting language.
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of computer science.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1662949
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.