Activision Blizzard Esports is seeking an Associate Esports Manager to lead the design and execution of esports programs for Overwatch. The ideal candidate has a passion for esports and Overwatch, strong problem-solving skills, and a proven history of managing complex projects with diverse stakeholders. The candidate should have experience working with global teams, an understanding of event and broadcast management, and hold themselves to an unwavering quality standard.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage vendors that share Blizzard’s expectations for quality, efficiency, and excellence.
- Manage relationships and communication with esports stakeholders including participating teams, players, and people in the industry
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with teams across the company to execute plans, including the development teams, community, marketing, public relations, events, broadcast, IT, legal, web, and others.
- Collaborate with esports leadership to establish product KPIs and measure program success over time.
- Support and manage relationships with external partners to ensure high-quality and impactful event and broadcast production.
- Communicate product status reports, assessing risk and new opportunities in each region.
- Manage and iterate business models for programs.
- Lead the planning and execution of high profile esports initiatives for Overwatch in Korea
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including ABE Headquarter’s Overwatch
- Esports team to design and iterate formats and systems that align with Activision Blizzard Esports business priorities.
- Track and stay within budgets, making crucial spending decisions where necessary.
- Accountable for all aspects of program execution, including vendor selection and management, live broadcasts, tournament administration, player and talent management, promotion, legal framework, live events, and communications (internal and external).
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Language ability in both English and Korean.
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communications skills.
- Able to work in Seoul, Korea.
- Able to occasionally travel, including internationally.
- 3+ years’ experience in product and/or project management.
- Boundless enthusiasm for esports.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Experience managing a budget and working with international teams.
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Overwatch.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Deep understanding of event management and broadcast production.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blizzard.com.