Website BAE Systems
About the job
What’s it like being a part of a dynamic team that makes a difference? Rewarding. As part of the Ethics and Business Conduct function at the Platform & Services Sector of BAE Systems Inc., you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who support BAE systems managers and employees as they create an ethical culture. You will interact with employees at a range of levels within the sector as we educate, empower and support all employees to act with integrity, openness, respect, honesty and accountability.
As a Business Conduct & Ethics intern you will participate in our nationwide Internship & Co-Op Program, LEAP, where you will have the opportunity to Learn, Engage, Apply, and Progress within the company. You will also have access to additional benefits such as, networking with BAE Systems employees and other students, participating in exciting real world projects, joining exclusive informational sessions with senior leaders, and expanding mentorship opportunities and career development.
The Business Conduct & Ethics team is headquartered in Falls Church, VA and provides guidance to further BAE Systems’ strategic objectives and protect the ethical integrity and reputation of the Company. This is a role where you can learn about the fundamentals of an effective ethics and business conduct program. This position will give the opportunity to help shape and adapt the ethics and business conduct function to the changing work environment. This will be a hybrid opportunity, relocation will not be offered and housing is not provided.
As a Business Conduct & Ethics Intern, You Will
- Design, develop, and implement of a conflict of interest monitoring program
- Assist with communication campaigns to raise awareness about ethics policies and system
- Assist with developing process and procedures around internal investigations
- Assist team members on a variety of topics in support of group and organizational strategic goals
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Ethics and Compliance, or related discipline
- Outstanding “people skills” and able to work with employees in emotionally charged situations
- Excellent listening skills
- High degree of discretion and tact
- Become a highly trusted resource among the employee population
- Should have (or be able to establish) good working relationships with a broad base of managers and employees across departments and functions
- Ability to manage several matters simultaneously, and have an attention for detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt to industry specific software and processes
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiar with Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations
- Defense Industry Initiative best practices
- Previous ethics & compliance work experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.