A24 is seeking an attorney to join our Legal and Business Affairs team to provide support to all of our business groups. You should be a motivated self-starter with a strong interest in intellectual property, film and television development, production and distribution. This role will be an integral member of a highly collaborative Legal and Business Affairs team.
- Provide practical, day-to-day business and legal affairs advice to internal teams across the company on general legal matters
- Independently structure, draft, negotiate, and manage a wide range of commercial agreements across a variety of practice areas including licensing, advertising, data security/privacy, copyright, trademark, intellectual property, business development, marketing, direct-to-consumer initiatives, publishing, interactive entertainment, e-commerce, events, and other commercial and operational functions
- Assist in the management and oversight of a wide variety of entertainment-related legal matters in connection with the development, production and distribution of the company’s film and television slate
- Contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, long-form agreements, contract management and precedent-tracking systems and other departmental resources, processes and procedures
- Establish and maintain key internal and external stakeholder relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy
- J.D. Degree; Member in good standing of New York or California bar
- 3-5 years of experience (with at least 2 years in the corporate/transactional department of a major US law firm); in-house entertainment business/legal affairs or entertainment law firm experience preferred
- Extensive experience in contract management with strong negotiation, drafting and analytical skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills across a wide range of seniority levels and styles in a fast-paced environment (including the ability to explain legal concepts to internal and external partners who may have limited legal knowledge and time)
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
To apply for this job please visit a24films.com.