At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
- Help improve our chemical processes, working on yield/process capacity improvements, waste reductions and reduction of cycle time, cost improvements and/or modification/design of equipment;
- Trouble shoot and provide recommendations for mechanical equipment, improving the reliability and cost associated with a process area’s mechanical equipment;
- Design, installation and start up of automatic process control, material, handling and distributive control systems;
- Assist engineers in development of project objectives and scope by analyzing customer requirements and producing sketches, drawings, written descriptions or specification for customer approval;
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards, engineering procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards, plant safety standards, pressure safety design and environmental standards on all projects;
- Work with other engineers to get an insight into maintenance and reliability improvement programs in chemical plants;
- Perform and check engineering calculations following standard methods and principles for projects;
- May assist with procurement process of equipment specifications, bid evaluation and contract administration;
- Assist with conducting engineering cost, feasibility and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including researching, investing action and coordination of other engineers, and providing recommendations to the customer;
- Collaborate with production and technical staff on day to day activities such as process troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Work with all areas of operations and compliance organizations in order to drive attainment of project goals;
- Aid implementation of Operational Excellence program and support Process Improvement/Lean Manufacturing site wide.
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree program in Chemical Engineering;
- Successfully completed sophomore year or higher and returning to school upon completion of co op;
- Ability to drive to and from work location;
- Willingness to work in a chemical plant environment;
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and physically willing and able to climb stairs and ladders;
- Available for 6 months Co Op assignment for Spring 2023 (January to May) or Fall 2023 (June to December) or (August to December).
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.