Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including many training services.
The Defence Operational Training Capability (Air) (DOTC (A)), Programme (Gladiator) is the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) solution to the future of air centric collective synthetic training. Gladiator aims to establish a series of networked synthetic mission training facilities to support the development and sustainment of the UK’s Defence Capability. The Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), Gladiator Core System and Services (GCSS), solution will enable distributed training by providing a common synthetic environment and a range of training delivery services, which will ensure coherence and interoperability across the Gladiator Programme. The Gladiator Training Delivery Manager will be based at the Air Battlespace Training Center at RAF Waddington and be responsible for the service delivery and management of the Gladiator capability.
- Manages and develops the Gladiator team delivering the service
- Executes the service in accordance with the delivery schedule and Key Performance Indicators
- Leads the team in the prevention and resolution of complex problems
- Implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Make sure adequate resources are in place to deliver the contracted commitments
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and partners
- Makes sure that customer satisfaction levels are measured and met
- Leads Continuous Improvement of the service best practices
- Relevant degree or demonstrable experience in a similar management role within a military or commercial aviation environment
- Experience in a service or training delivery role
- Experience in leading and managing high performing teams
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.