Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
NewsOne is the affiliate news service of ABC News. NewsOne provides complete, round-the-clock coverage of news and sports events to ABC owned and affiliate stations, domestic programs, and news organizations, foreign clients and partners as well as ABC News programs.
You will be supporting both the sports and news departments at NewsOne.
- Sports- Helping to distribute and share video of interesting sports stories on a local, regional and national level and share this video throughout ABC News, our affiliates and ESPN. Editing sports news of day, including excerpts of sports press conferences, file video, and highlights. Logging or transcribing sports-related press conferences and interviews. Maintaining our digital sports archive, the only immediate, instant access to sports files for ABC News
- NewsOne Main Rim- Learning all aspects of production, as well as supporting the news desk. Assisting with video requests, authoring advisories and alerts, interfacing with affiliates and clients, processing video requests, cutting vo/sots, editing using Avid non-linear editing system, and assisting NewsOne correspondents and guests
Basic Qualifications :
- Pursuing a degree and coursework in broadcast journalism or TV production
- Proven self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Digital editing skills (AVID preferred)
- A sports fan with high interest in sports news (For Sports Desk)
- Strong experience using AVID digital editing system
- Experience working for college sports/news TV station or a prior internship in news/sports
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application.
Preferred Education :
- Recent graduates
Additional Information :
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is a hybrid internship. The intern will work some days in the office and other days remotely, so it requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2022 – January 2023
- Must be willing to live in the New York City area and provide own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (40 hours/week) and open to nights and weekends for the duration of the internship.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.