Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
The Walt Disney Company’s Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu — and third party distribution parties, alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world. The Disney+ Global Content Operations team is responsible for the end-to-end work streams, ensuring the proper delivery and integrity, from the creators’ hand-off to the ingestion and validation on the service, creating efficiency and seamless workflows across the entire supply chain The Currents Title Planning team within GCO works directly with our Production, Post-Production, and Programming teams to source title-level information and content delivery schedules that will enable us to plan when and how a title will launch on the platform.
A Day in the Life…
We are seeking an intern who will be part of the Disney+ Global Content Operations Currents Planning team. This is an exciting internship role that will be supporting the team by building out launch plans by establishing the high-level milestones that all teams need to deliver against, tracking asset deliveries from our Currents series, specials and features, taking notes in meetings, and organizing documents and trackers for the team. The role will require collaboration with multiple teams across the company, strong attention to detail, and the ability to follow up on assignments in a timely manner.
This is a great role for someone who has an interest in post-production and planning workflows and is looking to get an inside look at how in-production broadcast or cable network content is planned and managed to be released internationally at a streaming company.
Basic Qualifications :
What We’re Looking For…
- A desire to learn about production and post-production workflows and UHD, HDR, and Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos technologies
- An interest in learning about title assets and components, such as video, audio/dubs, subtitles, artwork and metadata – and how all of these things are packaged together on our service
- Strong knowledge of Excel, data management, and the ability to report out on the data contained within
- Experience managing large data sets
- An exceptional curiosity for process improvement
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- A keen eye for detail and an ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
- Project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed
- Ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact for the business
- Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (e.g. Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, Tableau, Airtable)
- Clear written and verbal communication
- A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
Required Education :
Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or must have graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree majoring in Film, Finance, Economics, Business, Statistics, Math, Accounting, Industrial Engineering or similar.
Additional Information :
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship will be located in Glendale, CA and interns must be able to provide their own housing and reliable transportation to and from work
- This will be a hybrid working situation with some days in the office and some days working remotely each week
- The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space for working remotely.
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2022 through August 2022
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours for the duration of the internship
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.