Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Yellow Shoes Graphic Design Internship, Fall 2022
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
Do you love uncovering the Big Idea? Do you enjoy the world of design and making memorable art that people connect with? Do you understand the craft of executing flawless design? Do you have a PASSION for type and font trends? Do you geek out about logos, color theory, design systems, brand identity and how to use them to connect with audiences in engaging ways?
If this sounds like YOU, we’d love to hear from you!
Disney’s Yellow Shoes, is the award-winning, in-house creative agency for all of the Disney Destinations Division lines of business. Every day, we have fun creating compelling, memorable work for one of the greatest brands on the planet, and we’re looking for a talented, ambitious Graphic Design Intern to join us.
As a Graphic Design Intern with Disney’s Yellow Shoes, you will work closely with senior creative team members on a broad range of Disney Destinations campaign work. You will have the opportunity to show your design solution skills and creative thinking for a range of advertising mediums. When it comes to social and digital media, we expect every intern to fully grasp the importance of thinking creatively in our tech-inspired world. You will also work in print, collateral, and outdoor. Solid, imaginative design skills, impeccable taste and an understanding of the production process is expected. To be successful as part of our team, strong conceptual ability, an open mind and a passion to learn will take you far.
Make an Impact by…
- Create visual design assets for Disney Theme Parks & Resorts, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, Adventures by Disney and more
- Participate in ideation and strategy sessions along with senior creative leadership
- Do creative research – identify and share the latest trends in design, photography, typography, illustration, printing techniques and other emerging media
- Explore design concepts and executions that push boundaries and improve the overall quality of all Yellow Shoes creative materials
- Create visual assets for in-house promotions, programs or utilities used at Yellow Shoes’ corporate office
- Tackle logo design and development with keen awareness of current trends
- Collaborate with peers to best articulate brand voice consistency across all lines of business and media
- Assist senior designers with large-scale projects
- Be an advocate for brand integrity
- Develop materials for creative/strategic presentations
- Be proactive and participate
What you Bring to the Role….
- Whip-smart proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong technical proficiency working in a Mac environment
- Experience working in presentation creation software (Keynote)
- Working knowledge of an Advertising Agency and its processes or similar Graphic Design Creative environment
- Ability to work against a deadline; being self-managed
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or ideate independently
- Ability to interpret strategy and synthesize down to a simple but effective design solution
- Ability to deliver several creative ideas and receive/implement feedback
- Ability to deliver presentations to senior creatives and the Group Design Director
- A positive attitude with a hunger to dive in and absorb as much information as possible
- Reliability and readiness to be mentored and groomed for professional success
- Basic knowledge and interest in The Walt Disney Company history – including films, animation, television and Theme Parks
Currently a Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Graphic Design or closely related field or a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months
- Resume (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Portfolio (must be included as a ULR link on your resume; any other portfolio submissions will not be considered)
- Pinterest and/or Instagram link(s) (must be included on your resume)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
This internship is located in Glendale, CA. Participants must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2022 – January 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Job ID 935659BR Location Glendale, California, United States
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.