Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Unscripted Series Development team has the responsibility of dreaming up original ideas and buying brand-appropriate content for the global linear channel, and also for the NatGeo tile on Disney+. Our team is high energy and up-tempo, with collaboration and brainstorming the keys to filling the development pipeline. Ideas must meet the programming and editorial needs of the brand, so most of the time is fine tuning concepts to speak to our company values and draw in big global audiences. This internship offers an exciting vantage point into the creative ideation and decision process behind shows that make it from kernel of an idea, to official Greenlight. National Geographic is a world-renowned brand that produces premium content for both broadcast cable (National Geographic Channel) and SVOD (Disney+).
A Day in the Life…
The intern will learn the development process of the National Geographic Channel. By the end of the internship, the intern should have a strong grasp of the forces behind development for both broadcast cable and SVOD. They will gain this by participating in the below tasks:
- Conduct idea, market and competitor research
- Compile research that supports department meetings, including think tanks. This includes scientific, academic, pop culture/entertainment subjects.
- Update internal project database with show submissions for greenlight tracking
- Help create and maintain talent lists and bio books
- Participate in frequent group brainstorming
- Coverage (analytical written report) of media, books, and magazines, per assignment.
- Offer general administrative and Systems support to the team such as assembling presentation materials and formatting documents.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- A love of unscripted content across all genres and platforms
- A professional demeanor
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Confident and self-motivating, ability to work unsupervised, and thinks two steps ahead to help the team
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Aptitude for research, writing and generating ideas
- Strong understanding of Nat Geo brand as a whole, as well as Nat Geo Channel and its’ shows
- Familiarity with Keynote or Adobe Illustrator is a PLUS but not a requirement
- Editing skills a plus
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
- Relevant coursework in film/television
Additional Information :
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Candidate must be available 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday 9am -6pm EST from June 6th through August 19th
- Candidate must have the ability to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation. Position is located in New York City.
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.