Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
The Video Archive Services group is responsible for ingesting, curating, researching and fulfilling raw video generated by National Geographic. We make content accessible by ingesting and applying metadata to content including keywords and descriptive data into our asset management solution. We provide video research and licensing for groups producing content for National Geographic and Disney entities.
A Day in the Life…
This is an exciting opportunity to help explore and expose content for use at National Geographic. The Video Archive Services Intern will learn about our content lifecycle and contribute by preparing and ingesting content into our Asset Management System
This entails the following;
- Gathering and preparing various types of data about the project
- Ingest content into our digital asset management system, applying basic metadata.
- Curate clips by applying advanced descriptive information at a clip level.
- Scan paper documents, making them accessible and searchable by others within the organization.
Basic Qualifications :
- Understanding of Library Sciences and Digital Asset Management systems
- Knowledge of camera file formats such as mp4, RED, mov etc.
- Strong organization skills
A passion for the entertainment industry and a specific interest in the Nat Geo brand
Required Education :
Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Additional Information :
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Candidate must be able to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation. Position is located in Washington, DC
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.