About the job
Want to build new features and improve existing products that more than a billion people around the world use? Are you interested in working on highly impactful technical challenges to help the world be more open and connected? Want to solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems? Our development cycle is extremely fast, and we’ve built tools to keep it that way. It’s common to write code and have it running live on the site just hours later. We push code to the site continuously and have small teams that build products that are touched by millions of people around the world. If you work for us, you will be able to make an impact immediately. Meta is seeking Software Engineer Interns to join our engineering team. As a Software Engineer at Meta, you’ll drive the development of the systems behind Meta’s products, create web applications that reach billions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help people connect with each other around the globe. This internship/co-op has a minimum twelve (12) week duration.
Software Engineer, Intern/Co-Op Responsibilities:
- Develop and push production-ready code by quickly ramping on assigned codebase, product area, and/or system
- Complete assigned tasks efficiently with few iterations
- Identify problem statements, outline optimal solutions, account for tradeoffs and edge cases
- Communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders
- Currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program and in the process of obtaining a Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or a related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Demonstrated software engineering experience from a previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.