About the job
Reality Labs (FRL) focuses on delivering Meta’s vision through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). Enabling compelling user experiences on Virtual and Augmented Reality devices requires innovation and co-design across all layers of stack from novel algorithms to custom silicon. The FRL team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, speech, virtual assistant, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body among many others. We are seeking interns with a background in Graphics Architecture, System Architecture and Performance Modeling and Optimization to carry out performance modeling and architecture exploration of AR/VR Graphics pipeline. The ideal candidate will have practical experience in mobile graphics pipeline architecture, building performance models and analyzing graphics architecture features and system flows. Our internships are twelve (12) – sixteen (16) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
Graphics Performance Architect Intern Responsibilities:
- Contribute to building power and performance models for AR/VR Graphics pipelines
- Carry out power and performance analysis and exploration of AR/VR Graphics pipeline architecture features
- Develop novel hardware and/or software techniques to enhance graphics pipeline
- Effectively share and communicate experimental results and provide recommendations to the cross-functional Graphics team
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering in the field of Computer Graphics or Architecture, or a related field
- Research or industry experience in graphics architecture and performance modeling
- Knowledge of architectural exploration methodologies including graphics architecture power and performance analysis
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering in the field of Computer Graphics or Architecture, or a related field
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Demonstrated experience in tackling and solving challenging architectural problems
- Publication track record in graphics architecture and/or performance analysis and modeling
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.