About the job
We are looking for research interns to join the Product Algorithms team in Core Data Science. Core Data Science is an interdisciplinary team of quantitative scientists that aims to deliver research and innovation that fundamentally increase the magnitude of Facebook’s successes. By applying your expertise in quantitative methods, you will be empowered to drive impact across a range of products, infrastructure and operational use cases at Facebook.
Core Data Science Intern, Product Algorithms (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Work closely with a product engineering team to identify and answer important product questions
- Answer product questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data
- Communicate findings to product managers and engineers
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD degree in CS or related technical field
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Strong knowledge of an analysis tool such as Python or R
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Experience using machine learning and deep learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow or scikit-learn
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Publications in top-tier Machine Learning, AI, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, data science, or related technical fields
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.