About the job
We are looking for researcher interns with expertise in large scale graph inferences to join the Graph and Identity Research team, on Core Data Science. Core data science is an interdisciplinary team of quantitative scientists that aims to deliver research and innovation that fundamentally increase the magnitude of Facebook’s successes. By applying your knowledge of such topics as modeling, statistical methodology, model evaluation, active learning, exploratory data analysis, social network analysis, graph and sequence modeling, you will be empowered to drive impact across all manner of strategic decisions, product, infrastructure and operational use cases at Facebook.
Core Data Science Intern, GRAph Science & Statistics Research (PhD) Responsibilities:
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to mission critical inferential and decision problems by leveraging or developing state of the art statistical and machine learning methodologies on top of Facebook’s unparalleled data infrastructure.
- Apply excellent communication skills in order to develop cross-functional partnerships throughout the company and spread statistical best practices.
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, designers, UX researchers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value to Facebook’s community of over 1.9 billion users.
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify new opportunities within Facebook’s long term roadmap for data-scientific contributions.
- Knowledge in machine learning and statistical research covering at least one of the following domains: graph and sequence modeling, statistical modeling, relational learning, user modeling, model evaluation or active learning
- Proficient in programming, analysis, and visualization using computing software and libraries such as Python or
- Experience in scalable dataset assembly/data wrangling, such as Hive, Spark or Presto
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in a quantitative field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.