About the job
Are you interested in building products used by over a billion people? Do you like shipping code at a rapid pace? Facebook is seeking Front End Engineering interns who are passionate about building and desktop web applications.
Front End Engineer, Intern/Co-Op Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Designers to develop Facebook products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- 1 or more years of experience writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- 1 or more years of experience developing rich applications with HTML/CSS/JS
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Aware of but not reliant on Object Oriented Frameworks (Prototype JS, MooTools, Dojo, etc.)
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.