If this describes you, come join our research teams at Amazon. As an Applied Science Intern, you will have access to large datasets with billions of images and video to build large-scale machine learning systems. Additionally, you will analyze and model terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
We are looking for smart scientists capable of using a variety of domain expertise combined with machine learning and statistical techniques to invent, design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
- Time series forecasting, predictive models, decision making
- Automated Reasoning, Static Analysis, Formal Verification
- We obsess over all aspects of the Prime Video customer experience to ensure teams have real time awareness of unexplained consumer behaviour across the thousands of combinatory features, capabilities, devices or regions that we provide our content.
- Our research covers industry unsolved problems such as detecting AV synchronization, so we can automate monitoring thousands of linear channels and tens of thousands of live events annually.
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, or related quantitative field
- Enrolled in a PhD or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics or related fields
- Experience in design of experiments, statistical analysis, implementing algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code
- Experience in solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.