Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
ABC Alternative Series, Specials and Late Night is responsible for the Network’s reality programming, and all that is unscripted. The slate includes: The Bachelor franchise, Shark Tank, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, America’s Funniest Home Videos, Celebrity Family Feud, Match Game, To Tell The Truth, Holey Moley, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and more.” Awards shows include “The American Music Awards,” “The Oscars,” “Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest, “The CMA Awards” and more.
- Passionate about unscripted television.
- Passionate about discovering new trends with a finger on the pop culture pulse.
- Passionate about contributing to challenging work with no shortage of complex problems to solve.
- Passionate about pushing each other forward through collaboration and innovative forums to keep an eye on what’s next.
A Day in the Life…
As an intern with the Alternative Series & Specials team, you will perform administrative, presentation and research-oriented tasks on behalf of department executives and their respective assistants. You will be able to occasionally participate in screenings, and other department meetings or functions related to the creative development of our programming.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Updating Reports: Research various topics and update current reports using Microsoft Suite.
- View and sort Pitch Material: Look at pitch material that has been submitted to see what types of shows are being pitched.
- Screen Cuts: View cuts of current shows we have in production before they go on air.
- Administrative Duties: Cover phones, schedule meetings, update reports and more.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- A proven knowledge and familiarity with PC and Mac computer systems.
- Prior related internship experience, ideally in unscripted content.
- An interest in unscripted television and hunger to learn about network television.
- Proven organizational skills while ensuring attention to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate.
- Experience in covering phone lines for executives and/or senior leadership.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, Final Cut, iMovie and Keynote.
- Knowledge of current series on ABC and other networks is a plus, along with a passion for television
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
Additional Information :
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must be able to provide their own housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA
- All candidates must be available from June through December
- All candidates must be willing to work full-time 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm PST
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.