About the job
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands. Customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced software development engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on projects that matter to our customers. Our 12-week internship program provides hands-on learning and building experiences for students who are interested in a career in software engineering. In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities (e.g., team building, social, educational, etc.) with other interns throughout your internship.
Amazon Propel Program (APP) Internship Program
APP offers hands-on software development experience to students who have an interest in software development.
- You will spend 12 weeks at Amazon, with the first two weeks in a hands-on SDE boot camp. You will spend the next 10 weeks working on technical projects with the support of a manager and mentor.
- Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes.
Following the SDE boot-camp, you will partake in a ten-week internship. Key responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring products and services to market
- Designing and building innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
- Creating solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to ground-breaking technologies at incredible scale and speed
- Developing distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
- Designing and coding the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems
- Working in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software
Upon successful completion of the internship program, interns may receive a full-time or return intern offer to become a Software Development Engineer starting in 2023.
Amazon is actively seeking applicants for the APP internship who identify with a historically underrepresented group in the tech industry, including but not limited to Black, Latinx, Native American, and female applicants. APP is focused on providing skill and experience-based development for these groups.
Amazon Propel Program 2022 Start Dates
- May 16, 2022
- June 6, 2022
- June 13, 2022
- June 20, 2022
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- Knowledge of the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals, such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimizations
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
NOTE: By applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to AZ (Phoenix, Tempe); CA (Berkeley, Culver City, Cupertino, East Palo Alto, Irvine, Los Angeles, Manhattan Beach, Palo Alto, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, Santa Monica) CO (Boulder, Denver); GA (Atlanta, Kennesaw); MA (Boston, Cambridge, North Reading); MD (Baltimore); MI (Detroit); MN (Minneapolis); NJ (Jersey City); NY (New York); OR (Portland); PA (Philadelphia, Pittsburg); TN (Nashville); TX (Austin, Dallas); VA (Arlington, Herndon); WI (Madison), WA (Bellevue, Seattle, Redmond). Locations are subject to change.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal at amazonuniversity.jobs. Amazon works with a high volume of applicants so we appreciate your patience as we review applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $8,224/month. Fulltime interns working longer than 90 days will be eligible for access to a medical benefit, and can enroll in a 401k on Day 1 if age 18. Interns will also have access to paid time off. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1714937
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.