As a Legal Trainee (Rechtsreferendar/in), and part of the Google regional Legal team, you will play an important part in helping to respond to some of the biggest legal challenges of the information age. You will get an insight into a variety of legal challenges at Google and YouTube, learning to expect the unexpected while actively promoting the development of internet law in an unconventional environment. Based in Hamburg, the German legal department of Google (Google Rechtsabteilung Hamburg) offers an optional training period as part of your compulsory legal training (Wahlstation/Anwaltsstation während des Referendariats). In this role, you will enhance your organizational skills, attention to detail, versatility and composure, while also getting the opportunity to demonstrate that you have sound legal judgment, can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, and can communicate confidently at all levels.
- Assist in a variety of projects such as the localization of new Google Products and the review and drafting of agreements.
- Conduct research on a variety of legal topics including intellectual property, consumer regulations, media regulations, advertising, data protection, etc.
- Respond to various legal requests from users and third-parties in relation to Google services.
- Assist the Legal team in the preparation and the management of court actions.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of internal knowledge databases for the Legal team.
- Experience in legal analysis and research.
- Experience building relationships and communicate with people at all levels.
- Experience in data protection, Copyright, technology or media law.
- Interest in technology and IT-relevant legal problems and recent developments.
- Experience working on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to start from April 2023 onwards.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.