About the job
McDonald’s operates 37,000+ restaurants across 120+ countries. Technology deployment into our vast system is complex and lengthy. As McDonald’s continues to innovate and disrupt the restaurant industry, we are looking to add a Senior UAT Engineer to our Drive Thru Technology team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for driving high quality product experiences, who is excited to contribute to the evolution of our integration and User Acceptance Test (UAT) strategy to ensure the drive thru product suite meets customer expectations and realizes the planned business value. Initial focus will be on the Automated Order Taker solution. Ensuring frequent, high quality deployments to such a complex technology ecosystem at scale will require a robust and trusted UAT capability.
The Senior UAT Engineer, Drive Thru Technology, will primarily work in our Innovation Center in Romeoville, with some time also in our Chicago headquarters.
What you’ll be doing:
- The Senior UAT Engineer will be part of the Automated Order Taking UAT team, which is the last gatekeeper prior to deployment of the Automated Order Taking solution into production restaurant locations. The Automated Order Taking solution is a combination of multiple technology products, leveraging voice, AI, ML, and computer vision technologies.
- Responsible for performing hands-on end-to-end User Acceptance Testing of the product, including design of test criteria, performing tests and prioritizing & reporting defects. Testing scope may also include integration testing of multiple products that make up the overall solution.
- Provide input to end-to-end test case automation strategy; write and execute automated test scripts to perform regression aspects of User Acceptance Testing (e.g. validation of system interfaces).
- Responsible for supporting production deployment (investigating, resolving, and working around issues) to various locations.
- Represent the business needs of the end users and assess business impact of unplanned product behaviors identified through testing.
- Recommend testing, deployment or other process improvements. Provide input to the testing strategy evolution; stay abreast of evolving tools and industry best practices and bring these back into the team. Identify and test solutions to transform environments and CI/CD tooling to improve scalability and leverage automation.
- Provide coaching to UAT Engineers, including review of test scripts and issue reports.
- The Senior UAT Engineer will collaborate with counterparts in other business units and technical areas to ensure effective end-to-end testing is performed on the Automated Order Taking solution.
- Computer Science/Engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing, performing, and reporting testing of distributed software in an agile development environment (as part of UAT or QA).
- Experience in developing automation in at least one object-oriented languages such as Java, C++, Python.
- 4+ years of software testing experience, including writing test automation scripts and building test automation frameworks such as pytest, etc.
- 3+ years of experience leading and performing all aspects (design, tests, reports, etc.) of end-to-end User Acceptance Testing.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with QA/test lab scheduling coordination and configuration management to enable efficient usage of labs to meet cross-functional team testing needs is a plus.
- Experience with voice interfaces is a plus.
- Experience with Mosquitto MQTT Broker is a plus.
- Experience with API testing tools such as Postman, SoapUI is a plus.
- Building test infrastructures using containerization technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience prioritizing issues/tasks, providing recommendations for lab usage allocation, and scheduling tests in coordination with peers to meet UAT/QA objectives and timeline requirements.
- Must have experience writing and executing automated test scripts.
- Must have deep and broad knowledge of listed areas in order to identify and implement opportunities for test process and script improvement.
- Practitioner and evangelist of Agile and DevOps.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for driving an improved customer experience as well as a passion for improving operations.
- A love of new technologies and the motivation to find ways to implement better tools and processes.
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt with change; strong desire for continuous learning; embraces a growth mindset.
- Curious, task-oriented, and a self-starter with a proven track record of “getting things done.”
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.