About the job
For Attendees of NSBE 2022: MULTIPLE POSITIONS! MULTIPLE LOCATIONS! OPEN TO REMOTE!
With continued growth in digital data and the desire to leverage data to address problems that touch all aspects of our lives, Microsoft’s AI Platform is growing to meet these challenges! The AI Platform is hiring experienced engineers to join agile and diverse engineering teams in AI Frameworks, Azure Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, Conversational AI and the Azure Experimentation Platform.
Some Of The Many Opportunities Available Include
Bring the power of AI into Microsoft products, reaching millions of customers, data scientists and developers through open-source contributions in ML frameworks and inference engines.
As part of the Automated Machine Learning group, democratize Machine Learning by lowering the barrier for model development and enabling every data scientist, developer, information worker, consumer and device, anywhere in the world to leverage petabytes of data to solve their real-world problems.
Delve into business-critical problems facing Fortune-500 customers through co-engineering of ground-breaking scenarios in speech and computer vision.
Enhance the AI Platform’s core speech model training and evaluation to delivery robust, natural and scalable speech recognition experiences across a rich set of scenarios and languages
Contribute to Microsoft’s Bot Framework and Azure Bot Service, the world’s most powerful platform for creating conversational experiences — grow expertise in platform development or NLP model development and build on the work that has already attracted over half a million developers to create bots on the framework.
Push the envelope regarding how data is leveraged and change how software is built by contributing to one of the largest experimentation platforms on the planet, used by teams across Microsoft such as Azure, Xbox, Windows, Office, and Bing.
Contribute to the open-sourced runtime and training frameworks based on ONNX (Open Neural Network Exchange), an open format built to represent machine learning models.
Tackle challenging problems in natural language, text analytics, conversational AI, and machine translation using state-of-the-art neural models such as ZCode, Turing and BERT.
If you are intrigued by one or more of these opportunities, we would love to hear from you! By applying to this role, you’ll be assessed for multiple, identical positions on several teams.
- Contribute technical expertise to help make sound architecture, design and implementation decisions
- Partner with and mentor junior team members
- Model best practices for quality and live site-focus
- Exercise a willingness to learn and share while collaborating with researchers, data scientists and cross-functional teams to improve the AI Platform’s capabilities and address customer requirements
- 1+ years’ experience in software development and product delivery
- 1+ years’ experience working with C++, C#, Java, Python or similar language.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical IT work experience is required.
- Proven problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills from prior work on distributed systems, API design and engineering for scale
- Experience applying Machine Learning, Statistical data analysis analysis to petabyte-scale data
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies
- Experience making OSS contributions
- Familiarity with modern frontend development and HTML, React, TypeScript or Node.js
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.