About the job
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
The US Federal Consulting Business Applications Center of Excellence is looking for a Solution Architect with CRM/CE (Customer Engagement) or ERP Enterprise experience who has a mix of hands on experience in selling business value solutions in highly competitive situations, business applications implementation, architectural design and strategic business acumen. Solution Architects must have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
The Solution Architect helps customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. To accomplish this, Solution Architects must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. They also play a key role in engaging partners and the US Delivery Center as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model. Solution Architects help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW). In some cases, the Solution Architect will also assist in contract negotiations.
The Solution Architect will be required to assist or provide technical quality oversight at various points throughout a project lifecycle. To be successful, he or she must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction. The role requires an individual who is self-motivated, resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
The Architect must apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of architecting, designing, demonstrating, and positioning Dynamics CRM or ERP-based solutions including estimating service implementations. To be credible, he or she must have current and deep experience with implementing large CRM or ERP engagements using the Microsoft Dynamics platform. Understanding of competitive technology (i.e. SFDC or Oracle) enables the architect to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on, non-Microsoft platforms. Advanced domain knowledge in one or more vertical industry is also an asset. Solution Architects are expected to gain and maintain effective product group and other critical stakeholder relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or technology domain (e.g., Security)
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 6+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or technology domain (e.g., Security)
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or ERP Experience
- Public Trust Security Clearance or equivalent
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- 5+ years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or ERP Experience
The Solution Architect Should Have The Following Core Competencies
- Proven experience selling product and consulting engagements in competitive situations
- Experience which includes estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk
- Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex development topics to both business executive and technical personnel
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers
- Working knowledge of specialized tools and solution providers whether they be Microsoft partners or competitors
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies
- Exceptional demonstrated consulting skills
- Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of actually doing all phases of an application delivery project
Public Trust Positions
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have a U.S. Public Trust Position authorization or a higher clearance.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated public trust position and requires verification of U.S. Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $131,900 to $197,500. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.