About the job
Netflix is now bringing joy to 222+ million members in over 190 countries, but has only just begun offering games as part of the Netflix subscription from Nov 2021. We’re looking to bring on a creative self-starter to build out our games communications strategy in this early stage to help redefine what the future of entertainment is all about. If you’re passionate about games and its evolving place in entertainment, its future with emerging technologies, and the business that surrounds it, this is a great opportunity to join a growing Communications team that is shaping the narrative of a global entertainment brand.
The Manager of Games Communications will work closely with the Netflix Games executives and teams to develop and implement communications strategies that raise awareness of and accurately position Netflix Games’ efforts around the world through crafting messaging, securing impactful coverage, managing executive speaking opportunities, and handling issues management. They will be a skilled storyteller who can jump from working with the press to managing a corporate story to collaborating with developer partners. Experience in working with international media is a plus.
This role can be based out of the Los Angeles or the Los Gatos office, and reports to the Director of Communications for Product and Technology.
- 10+ years of experience in an in-house and/or agency setting with a focus on games and developing communications strategies spanning corporate, product, titles, and issues
- Global orientation and knowledge of games business
- Deep understanding of and network with the U.S. media with a proven ability to secure or manage stories
- Experience designing integrated communications plans across traditional and emerging media platforms
- Familiarity with integrated brand campaigns, marketing, social media, and influencers
- Thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- Strong written skills across different formats from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press pitches and internal memos
A Successful Candidate Will Also
- Be a strategic thinker who can see the big picture, and can identify and mitigate potential issues
- Have a creative and curious mind who is open to new ways of doing things
- Exercises good judgment even when faced with ambiguity
- Be a strong communicator who can clearly articulate what they are – and are not – trying to do
- Be a collaborator who has the ability to work well and build trust with stakeholders
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.