About the job
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service for over 200 million members around the world. As we continue on our mission to entertain the world, games present an entirely new frontier on this quest, and an incredibly exciting opportunity for our business.
To succeed on our mission, we need an unparalleled level of consumer insight to inspire and inform our nascent gaming initiative. Games on Netflix present a fundamental shift in how our members will perceive and interact with our service. There are a wide range of decisions to be made for our games initiative, spanning product, content, marketing – and their many component teams.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher to join the Gaming and Interactive pod, within the Product Experience group of Consumer insights. This person will focus specifically on how we might innovate and evolve our existing product to support games on Netflix, and the many challenges and opportunities games present. At its core, this person will design and execute foundational research that explores entirely new ways to interact with Netflix, new ways to play games, and ultimately how to unlock new moments of truth for our business. This is a chance to jump in at the very beginning of this adventure, and the opportunity for Consumer Insights to impact critical decisions is unprecedented.
In This Role, You Will
- Establish (with support) the Consumer Insights function for this new area for Netflix.
- Lead global, foundational research (qualitative and quantitative) to drive strategy for our games initiative.
- Explore gaming around the world, uncovering opportunities for Netflix to innovate and differentiate within gaming.
- Partner closely with senior leadership and pertinent partner teams (Design, Studio/Content, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, etc.)
- Drive results into impact, synthesizing and communicating insights throughout the organization (including executive leadership) with clear, compelling deliverables.
- Bring vision to a developing space, identifying the root question(s) to solve for, and how to unearth insights that will inform key business decisions.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of hands-on experience conducting primary research (agency or client-side).
- Experience in games consumer research, and excitement for Netflix’s games initiative.
- University Degree in social sciences preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Experience socializing insights at all levels of an organization, including leadership.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.