About the job
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 200+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. This is made possible, in part, by an engineering organization that enables our customers to stream content and our studio to produce content.
The Security Services Engineering organization supports the Netflix workforce by creating and operating authentication, authorization, and cryptographic software services. Our IAM use cases will continue to become more complex as we increase investment in Netflix Originals content production ecosystems, including Gaming. Our workforce and partners are global, and they access our information with different patterns from a variety of locations and devices. With security and ease of information access for our fast-paced growth in mind, we realize that the traditional corporate network security perimeter no longer meets our requirements. Instead, we invest in Identity as a perimeter in the open internet, with reliable and strong authentication and authorization service to protect our information.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to architecting and building identity and access security services and solutions! You will be part of the Identity and Access Control team, focusing on core functionality to support all of the Netflix ecosystem (Enterprise, Studio and Gaming). You will take ownership of system design, implementation, partner integration, and rollout strategy for some of our foundational services and IAM solution which includes but is not limited to fine grain access controls, policy driven security, identity governance, access management, privileged access management, user provisioning/deprovisioning, and federation.
If you are curious about some of the team’s work, you can watch this Building Identity for an Open Perimeter conference talk by our IAM engineers. Another recommended read is this blog post about how product and application security operates in the Netflix culture.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- You are a pragmatic security engineer with a proven track record of architecting and building complex Identity Lifecycle and Access Control solutions.
- Strong IAM fundamentals – AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accountability), and Identity lifecycle
- In-depth experience designing and building complex Authorization Models by making informed decisions using deep understanding of industry standards such as RBAC/ABAC/PBAC etc.
- Experience working with authentication and authorization protocols/frameworks (OpenID Connect, SCIM, OAuth, SAML).
- You believe in risk focused, scalable security approaches with a strong technical background in developing and maintaining low latency, high resiliency, and high-availability, services.
- In-depth experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java (preferred), C++, C#, or Python, and mastery of object-oriented design and programming.
- You prefer collaboration and problem solving over process and mandates and are also comfortable dealing with ambiguity and independent decision making.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a product focused mindset to build the right solutions and extensive documentation for your stakeholders and customers.
Nice To Have
- Experience running services on top of a Cloud computing platform (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP)
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment in a Cloud platform
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Hive, Presto, Spark, or Cassandra
- Experience with Graph database
- Experience with GraphQL
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.