About the job
Netflix is revolutionizing the media and entertainment industry with technology and engineers. One of our core principles is to imbue all of our decisions with data, which includes operating bleeding edge data infrastructure and instilling a deep culture of data driven decision making.
We are looking for a Manager to join our Product Strategy, Planning & Analysis team to focus on driving our data strategy & optimize the corresponding infrastructure. You will partner with senior leaders, engineers, and data scientists in the Product organization to pursue our data privacy, security, and efficiency goals by assessing strategic initiatives, developing insights, and program managing projects.
A role is only as exciting and challenging as the problems being tackled. What’s our data strategy problem?
- Ensuring efficient usage of our data infrastructure (e.g. petabytes of data, millions of vCPUs of processing power) in a culture of no budgeting.
- Automatically right sizing data access to balance risk & innovation across thousands of employees.
- Translating ever-changing data privacy rules around the world into discrete processes and tools.
- Understanding how our big data tools and processes are currently used and altering their future strategy to generate maximum impact.
Candidates are expected to be highly analytical, self-directed, and strong cross-functional partners. Ideal candidates have a proven track record of cross functional project management and extensive analytics experience. We are a self service, data driven organization so previous experience with query languages such as SQL or a strong desire to learn is strongly preferred. Ideal candidates have thrived in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and can focus on generating results while exhibiting the highest personal and professional integrity and ethics.
In addition to intellectual curiosity and aptitude, we look for candidates who are excited by technology, either from a professional or personal background. Since we are deeply embedded with our engineering and data science business partners, having the ability to connect broader Netflix business themes to specific technical initiatives is critical for success.
This position has no direct reports but operates at a senior level across the Product organization, from leading cross-functional projects/teams composed of software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists to being a thought partner to directors & VPs within the data space.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Extensive analysis of our data infrastructure footprint, processes, and usage with an eye towards efficiency, security, privacy, and innovation. Based on findings, propose solutions and project manage cross-functional teams (e.g. software engineers, data engineers, analytics engineers, data scientists) to implementation.
- Provide strategic ad-hoc analysis to engineering teams, senior leaders, and the broader Finance organization.
- Ideate, iterate, and report on key operational metrics.
- Contribute thought leadership to our cross functional Data Governance working group.
- Minimum five years of experience in an analytical or program management role (e.g. consulting firm, strategy & operations or analytics at a technology company, or a role with similar demands on strategic analysis, partner management, and operational execution).
- Experience working as a business partner with technical engineering teams in a fast-paced, constantly changing, highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to present and context switch between peer groups and senior leadership.
- Ability to independently explore and understand high volume datasets – familiarity with SQL or other query languages.
- Expert working knowledge of Excel and the ability to quickly learn internal tools; working knowledge of visualization tools (i.e. Tableau).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.