About the job
The Sr Concept Artist will collaborate with the Art Director(s) and Designers to concept highly creative and visually compelling characters, environments, and marketing assets, as well as shaping the look and feel of the game.
EssentialEssential Functions/Responsibilities Functions/Responsibilities
- Ideate a wide range of compelling characters and environments, create illustrations and drawing to present ideas and inspire the team
- Collaborate with Art Directors and Designers to create exciting visuals that would improve the user experience
- Create detailed and polished final illustrations for use in-game and marketing
- Assist in establishing pipelines for the best results in given amount of time
- Help define and maintain the high-quality bar for the game
- Assist in scoping work for on time milestone deliveries
- Guide and mentor other team members
- Generate orthographic turnarounds, and material callouts to aid in modeling assets and level creation
- Assist with paint-overs of images of models in progress to help direct and guide modelers
- Partner with team to help keep shared library and process guidelines updated, make suggestions as needed
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
- Lead by example, creating a strong sense of purpose and community, and promoting a culture of excellence
Skills And Abilities
- Strong artistic style and design sensibility, superior eye for light, value, color, and composition
- Ability to apply research and reference materials to solve problems and generate ideas
- Able to work quickly through ideas and bring them to final polish
- Strong 2D drawing and painting ability to create organic, hard surface, and environmental designs
- Excellent 2D skills in both traditional and digital formats
- Positive attitude with the ability to give feedback and receive constructive criticism of your work
- Excellent organization, communication, and attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment
- Self-starter, able to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
Education and Experience
- Degree or formal education in concept art design, illustration, entertainment design, or equivalent combination of experience and training
- 5 years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film, or animation
- Excellent understanding of human and animal anatomy, form, proportion and scale, and the ability to bend those rules in a creative and stylistic way
- Experience mentoring other artists and working with contract artists
- Experience in deadline-oriented and fast-paced outsourcing environments that require rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- AAA game development experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10am to 6:00pm cst, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. When in office, the ability to move about within the office space is required, with or without aid, for necessity, meetings, and emergency situations. When working remote or in the office, the employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, and arms for typing on computer, use of mobile devices, reaching, and grasping. Employee is required to have specific vision abilities, close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.