Your primary function will be to ensure that the network and its related services are reliable, robust and can scale to meet the challenges of serving over a billion people. Automation and continuous improvement are the keys to meeting our demands; you will be responsible for developing and deploying network designs, automation systems and network performance improvements into our production network.
Do you want to solve problems that can only be seen in large scale environments? Do you want to work on one of the most dynamic, fast-paced networks in the world? Do you want to develop innovative solutions to our challenges and ship them into production? Then this is the opportunity for you!
Facebook is looking for talented, highly motivated university students for our Network Engineering team. As a member of the team, you will work alongside experienced Backbone, Data Center, Production Engineers (Network) on a large-scale global network.
- Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of users all around the world.
- Define, and develop optimized network monitoring and automation systems.
- Manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol data center and backbone networks.
- Basic proficiency in UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience coding in at least one language.
- Experience with managing computer networks.
- Ability to learn new development languages (Python and C++ are all in heavy use).
- Ability to pick up new concepts around network design and management.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally.
To apply for this job please visit www.metacareers.com.