Are you excited for the opportunity to secure hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, billions of online transactions, and one of the most visited sites on the internet? Are you passionate about solving problems in an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated? Do you want to be a part of an excellent information security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build things to benefit our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is how we have earn customer trust and why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon’s and an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated requires building a world-class information security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales.
- As a security engineer, you will/may:
- Create and execute security controls, defences, and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal and/or external attacks, seeking guidance from your team and manager.
- Develop, test, review, debug, or deploy code that supports security protocols.
- Work effectively with your team to identify security problems and improve the security aspects of their service(s).
- Assess risks that could affect the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data, systems, or services.
- Resolve security events, incidents, or conduct security assessments using penetration tests, ethical hacking tools, or risk mitigation methodologies to evaluate vulnerabilities.
- Classify, store, and handle data in accordance with policy or best practices.
- Troubleshoot, research the root causes, and resolve security or risk issues with guidance.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or related fields
- Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting).
- Knowledge of system, network, and OS.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.