At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company’s Survivability Engineering organization is seeking a Senior Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineer-Scientist to support electromagnetic compatibility design and analysis at the unit and system level through all satellite program phases in El Segundo, CA.
- Interface effectively with all technical disciplines in a team environment to trade EMI/EMC against other factors such as survivability, cost, weight and technical risk in arriving at the final design.
- Derive unit and system level EMC requirements and requirement verification plans based on tailored MIL-STD-461 requirements and test methods.
- Write EMC test plans and test procedures, provide comprehensive technical oversight of EMC testing, and document test results.
- Interface with program office and customer representatives to communicate results and respond to EMC related inquiries.
- Present the EMC technical content in program design reviews for program and customer leadership.
- 8 or more years of experience with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)/Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) testing/analysis/mitigation.
- 3 or more years of experience in a lead EMC engineering role for an aerospace system consisting of multiple electronic units operating within a common electromagnetic environment.
- Experience in a role which required knowledge of MIL-STD-461
- Experience with management of cost, schedule, and technical performance using metrics tools such as Earned Value and Technical Performance Measures (TPM).
- Familiarity with software tools such as MatLab, MathCAD, PSPICE, and ANSYS HFSS and Maxwell.
- 8 or more years of experience with EMI/EMC analysis and test related to requirements derivation, validation, and verification.
- Experience with operation of electrical test equipment such as digitizing oscilloscopes, spectrum and network analyzers, EMI receivers, low noise amplifiers, signal generators, multimeters, etc.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.