About the job
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun. Amazon Robotics is seeking interns with a passion for robotic research to work on cutting edge algorithms for robotics. Our team works on challenging and high-impact projects, including allocating resources to complete a million orders a day, coordinating the motion of thousands of robots, autonomous navigation in warehouses, identifying objects and damage, and learning how to grasp all the products Amazon sells. We are seeking internship candidates with backgrounds in computer vision, machine learning, resource allocation, discrete optimization, search, and planning/scheduling. You will be challenged intellectually and have a good time while you are at it!
A day in the life
As an intern you will develop a new algorithm to solve one of the challenging computer vision and manipulation problems in Amazon’s robotic warehouses. Your project will fit your academic research experience and interests. You will code and test out your solutions in increasingly realistic scenarios and iterate on the idea with your mentor to find the best solution to the problem.
About The Team
We are a team of roboticists that develop new manipulation and perception approaches for Amazon’s robotic warehouses. We focus on problems where a new algorithm can either unlock a new solution or improve how complex tradeoffs are made.
- Currently in a PhD program in Computer Science, AI, Engineering, Machine Learning, Operations Research or similar
- At least one year of relevant academic research in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of planning, ML or CV.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C++, Python
- Scientific mindset and the ability to invent, excellent creative problem solving skills
- Superior communication and data presentation skills
- Ability to develop system prototypes
- Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Drive to see a project through from research concept to working prototype
- A working knowledge of analysis of algorithms and computational complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1948534
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.