About the job
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Senior Data Scientist do?
Senior data scientist hired for this position would develop new insights and develops machine learning algorithms for various Travelport products.
- Using domain knowledge and expertise, participate in the execution of related data science projects to support revenue growth, cost optimization and customer intimacy across Travelport.
- Perform data cleansing/transformation, feature engineering, data visualization, and data mining.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation, model implementation and large scale data analysis.
- Uses scripting language to develop new insights from available data.
- Uses various DBMS and data tools for data manipulation, cleaning, and matching processes.
- Delivers statistical and machine learning/predictive models from both internal and external data to provide solutions, insights, and new opportunities for business and product.
- Effectively contribute to assigned projects with matrixed teams, including onshore and offshore resources, to deliver and meet project deliverables supporting company goals.
- Proactively contribute to the identification of improvement opportunities through systematic measurement and analysis.
- Liaise with stakeholders in understanding and identifying the business requirements and needs.
- Supports the lines of business with insightful analyses of available data.
- Communicate analytical results in a way that is meaningful for business stakeholders and enables actionable insights
- Collaborates with COE Architecture, data governance and data & analytics resources to ensure that the information used follows the compliance, access management, and control policies and that it meets the qualification and assurance requirements of the company.
Expertise / Proficiency
- Broad knowledge within field of concentration while gaining expertise in at least one specialty
- Understands work group roles and responsibilities as it relates to Travelport people, business and clients
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models.
- Conducts advanced data analysis and complex designs algorithm.
- Possess domain knowledge and expertise in at least one of the applications/products and related systems
- Experience of working within project teams contributing effectively to meet enterprise PMO standards, utilizing PPM as required.
- Experience implementing mathematical modeling for predictive analysis and/or optimization using R, Python, or similar tool/language
- Understanding and experience with data warehousing and leading business intelligence technologies.
- Exposure to big data platforms such as Hadoop ecosystem
- Background in mathematics, operations research, statistics, and/or optimization.
- Quantitative analysis background and experience in working with large, complex data systems to aggregate, organize, and prepare data for use in business analysis
Skills / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field required; Advanced degree preferred
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint) Visio as applicable
- Practical knowledge of using Microsoft Project / PPM
- Technical skills dependent on role and will range as below;
- Working knowledge of DBMS query languages
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language (R, Python, Java, etc.)
- Working knowledge of statistical software packages (R, SAS, SPSS)
- Basic knowledge of big data technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Basic knowledge of data visualization tools such as GGplot, Qlikview, etc.
- Basic understanding of machine learning and deep learning framework
- Contribute to at least one or more products/systems/projects
- Performs well-defined tasks and participate in design tasks for well-understood products/systems/projects/architectures
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite benefits/perks…
We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible to participate in our bonus program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy as well as contributing to our communities with an annual volunteer day off.
Salary Target: $130,000-$145,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!*
- Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.