Website Valero Energy
For the Commercial Supply & Trading department, the Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for designing data analytic, algorithm, simulation, and optimization (prescriptive analytics) models to solve problems by using statistical techniques to massive, heterogeneous data pieces. The following are some of the responsibilities of a BI Analyst:
- Wright VBA scripts to cleanse, structure and organize enterprise data sets into a form suitable for business analysis.
- Develop, maintain and publish regular reporting of metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Business Unit Report (BUR) deliverables to senior management.
- Use data visualization to solve supply chain optimization or commercial profitability opportunities.
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives that reduce supply chain costs across the commercial floor.
- Conduct data extraction, economic analysis and report development for the
- Marketing & Supply department, including crude & product supply, transportation operations, barge and ship utilization and wholesale marketing.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Campion the development of selected projects, coordinates with internal groups including Refining Operations, Crude Supply & Trading, Product Supply &
- Trading, Planning & Economics, and Strategic Development & Technology.
- Provide data mining analytics to identify opportunities to improve supply chain performance and commercial profitability.
- Lean the BOBJ and PowerBI reporting system and becomes proficient in running existing reports and modifying/creating new reports.
- Develop, maintain, query MS Access, SQL or other relational databases to support business reporting
- 3 years of experience in database development and business management reporting required.
- Experience in programming MS Access or other relational databases preferred.
- Coding knowledge and experience with VBA, python, R languages preferred.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, or related field required.
- Experience with SAP-TSW and BOBJ reporting preferred.
- Experience in Big Data Analytics preferred.
To apply for this job please visit valero.taleo.net.